FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I receive none or only a few meeting requests?
- None? Have you activated the B2B meeting checkboxes?
- Only a few? - The better your profile the more meetings requests you will receive. Often companies want to bypass the registration quickly and do not insert meaningful and qualitative descriptions and collaboration wishes (I am offering ..., I am looking for ...) A low quality profile doesn't animate other companies to get in contact with you ...
Why to publish a high quality collaboration profile?
- Cooperation profiles give you the opportunity to publish and promote your collaboration wishes before and after the event.
- Event participants but also any other web user can find and read your organisation details and your published cooperation wishes.
- A statistical analysis of 500 matchmaking events showed that high quality profiles are visited about 50 to 150 times.
- The better your profile the more meetings requests you will receive in the end.
How does the matchmaking work?
At a matchmaking event people meet and greet at high speed. Bilateral meetings usually take 20 minutes, which is usually enough to forge business/research/technological connections. Then the bell rings and the next meeting starts.
Each participant registers with a cooperation profile which will be displayed at the event website. Each participant can select meetings online with other participants he would like to personally talk to. A few days before the event, each participant will receive a preliminary meeting schedule, showing WHO he will meet WHEN and WHERE.
What are the benefits of participating in the matchmaking event?
All participants can present their expertise/projects/technologies online already BEFORE the event. The cooperation profiles will be extensively promoted. Participants can get in contact with each other already before the event and know exactly who they will meet at the event. A matchmaking event therefore presents a very efficient and focused way of finding new collaboration partners.
How can I register to the event?
Click on the button "Register" on the startpage to start the registration process.
What type of information do I need to fill in the registration form?
- Form 1: Event sessions, Payment options (if available), Remarks for the event organizers
- Form 2: Contact data (Person and Company) - Give some information about the organisation you are working for, its focus and areas of activity.
- Form 3: Collaboration profile (if you attend the matchmaking sessions) VERY IMPORTANT to receive many and high qualified meeting requests Properly fill in the cooperation profile and give details on e.g. technology/product/project, innovative aspects, current stage of development and the target partner sought. The cooperation profile is your virtual business card - the higher the quality, the more participants will select you for bilateral meetings!!!
Who is the Participant?
The Participant is the person who will participate in the matchmaking event and who is responsible for the inserted profiles. Participants should indicate their contact details (especially e-mail and mobile phone number) to be directly informed about registration, agendas, changes in the event set-up.
What is the meaning of "support office"?
"Support Offices" are in most cases Enterprise Europe Network offices (Chambers of Commerce, Technology agencies, etc.) who support companies in doing international business free of charge. If your region is not listed in the drop-down menue, please select "Other".
Collaboration Profiles - Is it possible to insert more than one profile?
Yes, it is. Every participant has the possibility to insert several profiles. Please note that profiles are associated with participants. The same organisation can be registered several times with different participants (contact persons).
Is it possible to modify my profile?
Yes, it is. Log in via the Login button you have received with your registration mail. In your personal dashboard you can use the tabs to modify any of the content you have already inserted.
When will my profile be available online? Every profile will be quality checked by the event organizer. If it meets the quality criteria it will be put online, if not, you will be contacted by the event organizer or your local support office to adapt your profile.
How can I book meetings?
Booking is opened at the latest about 2-3 weeks before the event when most of the participants have registered. You will be informed by email about the start of the booking.
- Select the link "Participants" from the main menu.
- Use the green button "Book meetings" which you can find on each participants profile
Can I refuse a meeting request?
Yes of course.
- In your dashboard select the Tab "Meetings" to list all meeting requests (Own bookings and Guest bookings).
- Use the button "Reject" to refuse a meeting request.
Are meeting requests accepted by default? No, they are not. Every meeting has to be accepted by the counterpart who has been asked. This way, only meetings where both sides are willing to talk to each other will be scheduled.
When will I get my personal meeting schedule?
- 2-3 days before the event you will receive a preliminary meeting schedule by email (contains most of the meetings)
- At the date of the event, you get the final schedule as paper copy (taking into account last minute changes and cancellations) at the event reception desk.
- Please make use of the b2match app to have the latest version of your personal schedule online - including last minute changes during the event.
What if, due to unforeseen reasons, I cannot participate in the matchmaking event?
Please inform the event organiser immediately. If you have booked meetings/you have been booked for meetings, please get directly in contact with your meeting partners and tell them that you cannot keep the appointment.